posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default My New Boat!!! What did RB Pick????

, wrote:
The food in Greece is awful. * A month there will probably
be good for you.

OzOne wrote:
What no roast beef and yorkshire pud?
How can you not like fresh vegetables,fish and olive oil?

Gets a little monotonous after a while.
Plus, the Med is a cesspool. I personally would not care to eat fish
from it.

wrote:
I enjoy eating abroad. *The problem with Greece is that it is the same
vegetables and fish every day. *The only meat in most places is goat,
and I cannot stand the smell of it.

Careful there... in all Med cultures, insinuating that person eats
goat is a deadly insult.
Of course, the climate and land is such that goats are about the only
livestock that can thrive there, so pretty much everybody is a goat-
eater. Hope it's safe to say that from this distance!

Or did you go to a tourist town where they cater .. badly, to tourists
with replicas of food that the tourist would eat at home?
Soggy fish and chips and pizza with 1" thick base?

The best pizza I've ever had was in northern Greece.
Also, the best C&W band I've ever heard was in a poinky bar outside
Athens (Lifadah).

It was a sailing holiday. * We ate in small local restaurants
near the harbours.

The food in Turkey is a bit better, and has the advantage
that the people who work in restaurants know how to smile.

Did you go to the compound?

DSK