posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman riverman is offline

Default is this dead or what?

On Oct 7, 10:02*am, wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:33:31 -0500, Dan Valleskey

wrote:
I miss my RBP. *Okay, maybe I don't miss it all that much. *Are there any
old timers still lurking about?

-Dan V. in Indy

*Ten years and still reading. * But you're right, it's pretty dead.
Didn't I see a post from Myron not long ago? * I suspect there are a
few others who still hope against hope for a live group again.
* Tom in MD

Yeah, I posted something as a test balloon, and got no replies.

I miss the old rbp also, and I don't find Boatertalk to be a good
substitute. Too many folks there...too many 'experts' with a narrow
range of experience, and the posting style (content in the header)
seems too much like a group SMS-fest.

I still have some great stuff to share, if rbp wasn't so dead. Summer
of 2006 I ran the first descent of the Delger-Muron river in Outer
Mongolia...I owe Canoe&Kayak magazine an article on it, but I never
got around to writing it...

--riverman