posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] don234@lanode.com is offline

Default My New Boat!!! What did RB Pick????

On 7 Oct, 22:48, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
I wonder why you think that a Corbin 39 would be more suitable than
Heart of Gold for coastal cruising??

The reason you wonder that is because you've never spent a rainy week
on a boat, nor do you comprehend how a boat like the Corbin is far
superior underway in air above 15 knots, nor do you understand that
the Corbin is a different boat altogether. The 35s5 or your fun little
toy are great boats. I like them a lot, but they simply don't do
everything well.

Quite right! My boat wouldn't be perfect for a transatlantic
crossing in hurricane season. However, you don't want a boat
that is so slow that you cannot be bothered to attempt longer
trips.

Regards

Donal