Jacques

Default Info On Unique UK Sail Design. Anyone, Please

It is a Walker rig. I sailed on that boat 10 years ago in Miami. Nice
concept and it works but not exactly designed along the lines of the
KISS principle . . .
Do a search with Walker Wingsail Systems or Planesail Yachts.

Jacques at bateau.com

"Irfan Yuksel" wrote in message ...
It works on the principle of ""Magnus Effect".
Irfan

"Punchy99" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

A few years ago I saw a brief thing on TV about a guy in the UK who
built a very cool sail for his catamaran or trimaman --can't remember
which one. It looked like a 15/20ft. tall cylinder where the mast
would normally be. You steered the thing pretty much like a car.

Does anyone know anything about this or the person who invented and
built it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.