Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default VGA over CAT5e

wrote:

Buy an adaptor and use the Cat5 or 6 route, probably be a lot less headache.

Cheers
Marty

Haha. Actually I am lucky - I have a Hakko 936 Temp Controlled Iron,
but have found a place I can buy a HD15 connector I can use with crimp
pins - this might be easier than trying to solder it?

Oh absolutely, most connectors that I assemble these day, (high density
military AMPHENOLs) are done with a crimping tool. Big drawback is the
initial cost of the requisite crimper, $400 plus.

Cheers
Marty