Karin Conover-Lewis

Default Info On Unique UK Sail Design. Anyone, Please

Dunno that it's what the poster was asking about. The Walker Wingsail is
pretty much a vertical airplane wing with an "elevator" trailing it on a
boom. I don't think anyone would describe it as a "cylinder." I seem to
recall a cylindrical turbine being used experimentally, driving a propeller.

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Jeff" wrote in message
(Punchy99) wrote in

@posting.google.com:

Hello,

A few years ago I saw a brief thing on TV about a guy in the UK who
built a very cool sail for his catamaran or trimaman --can't remember
which one. It looked like a 15/20ft. tall cylinder where the mast
would normally be. You steered the thing pretty much like a car.

Does anyone know anything about this or the person who invented and
built it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Walker WingSail, loads of stuff on google.