Adam

Default Water systems on my boat - need suggestions, please.

Dan;
I have been told that ABS shouldn't be used because can break.
But PVC is OK.
In my system Seacocks and all fittings are bronze made.
PVC for pressurized seawater system
PVC/ABS in grey system only.
BTW "Tricia Jean" - looks nice
Adam

"Dan Best" wrote in message
I'm no exoert, but I don't like using PVC anwhere on a boat. As it
ages, it gets brittle and can break. For underground or in a house,
this isn't an issue. But in a boat, there is constant vibration, etc.
that can cause it to crack when it looses its' elasticity.

The only time I've ever had uncontrolled water entering a boat, was when
a PVC adapter that a previous owner had put on a through hull failed
(it's amazing how fast the water comes through a 3/4" thru-hull when
this happens).

Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979
Tayana 37 #192, "Tricia Jean"
http://rangerbest.home.comcast.net/TriciaJean.JPG