posted to alt.sailing.asa
OzOne OzOne is offline

Default What happened to ASA?

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 19:38:50 -0700 (PDT), "Capt. Rob"
wrote:

Wow. History is a funny thing.

The FACT of the matter is this: When Capt. Neal and I, and even Jax
would make our preposterous posts they did in fact generate discussion
about sailing. Some of it was quite fun and informative. There was so
much sailing talk that ASA saw it's best days at that time, when the
so called "trolling" was at it's peak. Sure, I told tales, types
inexplicably nasty stuff and caused trouble, but MOST of the group
appeared to enjoy it.

Indeed..it was mucho fun

Then came those who could not play well with others. Ganz was at the
top of the list. He simply could not take it and constantly reported
people, Mooron and several others left. Ganz tried to get me out too,
but he couldn't manage it. And make no mistake; Capt. Neal IS GONE. He
does not post here, sockpuppets or otherwise.

ASA is basically dead. I haven't the time to invest in the few, mostly
embittered stragglers who remain here. By and large I except most of
the ASA members are cool people. The few that I met in person
certainly were and that includes Jax, who had more fun at everyone's
expense that they'd believe. I saw him in early spring and he's doing
well.

Good, I'd like to meet Jax....

Still, I like Ozzy

Gee thanks Bubbles :-)

and a few folks here. Katysails was sharp and
Mooron always game. Donal is among the last of the big players, but
he's a rare commodity these days. And who remembers the veritable
who's who of ASA....Mooron, Skitch, Neal, Old Thom, Jax, Scotty,
Tadpole, Doug, Steve, Katy, Marc and so many others who drifted over
the transom of the late great ASA?

ASA is dead. Long live ASA.

It will return....

RB