KA Turner

Default Building own pontoon boat

Hello
I am planning on building a pontoon single-person boat capable of
being disassembled and carried in the back seat and trunk of a
passenger car. The capacity needs to be 300 lbs and the deck will be
4x6 inches. FYI the unit will be powered by a low-power motor. I do
have a few questions:
1)Where can I get materials such as pipe or cylinders in plastic or
fiberglass (seeking 10-12 inch diameter)?
2) Is it necessarily unwieldy to have two pontoons on each side in
tandem? Longer than four feet may not fit my vehicle's interior.
3) Would an outrigger design be necessary to avoid toppling over of
the craft? It will be on freshwater only.
Thanks
Ken