Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Haversine Calculator

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

snip

Skippy would be better off going around Cape Fear with plenty of offing
rather than trying that yacht channel at night. It appears the winds are
nothing to be concerned about so the seas can't bee too bad. The only
advantage of transiting the shoal water through the channel might be a
little less current but depending upon the state of the tide there could
even be more current in the cut than going around the Frying Pan shoals.

I'd go outside at night and inside during the day.

I will defer to your local, (perhaps loco?) knowledge. Given modern nav
systems though, I really don't see to much issue with doing it at night,
tidal currents and those due the Gulf Stream would take precedence for me.

Cheers
Marty

Wilbur Hubbard