Dan Best

Default Water systems on my boat - need suggestions, please.

I'm no exoert, but I don't like using PVC anwhere on a boat. As it
ages, it gets brittle and can break. For underground or in a house,
this isn't an issue. But in a boat, there is constant vibration, etc.
that can cause it to crack when it looses its' elasticity.

The only time I've ever had uncontrolled water entering a boat, was when
a PVC adapter that a previous owner had put on a through hull failed
(it's amazing how fast the water comes through a 3/4" thru-hull when
this happens).

Adam wrote:
This is a very short list/description of what I'm going to install on my
boat.

Any suggestions, changes or recommendation are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Adam

Project - 37' "Spray" by Bruce Roberts, GRP, wheelhouse, 2-4 people aboard,
off shore cruiser.

Fresh water - 2x60 gallons polyethylene water tanks, 5/8" I.D PVC with Nylon
Reinforcement hose to main bronze manifolds (with red brass nipples), GROCO
WSC60, ½" I.D PVC with Nylon Reinforcement hose - Galley, Head sink and
shower, Cockpit shower.

Sea water - Washdown - Jabsco 30700-012, 1/2" I.D PVC with Nylon
Reinforcement hose. PVC fittings - two utility tubes (fore & aft).

Gray water - 1x 30 gallons polyethylene grey tank, for galley, head sink and
head shower. All "piping" with 1" Sanitation Hose, ABS/PVC fittings.
Discharge - Commercial Duty Water Puppy Model 16360-1003 Jabsco & Check
Valve + Hand Diaphragm Pump Jabsco - Seacock just above WL.

Bilge - Rule 3700 Bilge Pump & Rule Superswitch & Check Valve + two Hand
Diaphragm Pump Jabsco - one operated from cockpit and one from wheelhouse.

Sanitation - 30 gallons polyethylene holding tank with Macerator pump Jabsco
+ Check Valve. Dock discharge through deck fill.

Fresh water - from fresh water tanks, water maker and shore supply

Fresh water supplied through the two deck fills (star or port side), or
through pressurized shore supply (with pressure regulator).

On dock - fresh water shore supply can be connected directly to sea water
system.

Head - water from sea water system - discharge to holding tank or outside
through Y valve, 1 1/2" Sanitation Hose

Two seacock 2" - one for IN and one for OUT.

Separate faucets for seawater only in galley and head sink.

As a backup - galley and head sink have foot pumps for fresh water - not
pressurized through the Y valve for seawater optional.

Questions: What kind of water heater (diesel fuel?), which toilette? I
didn't know that I have to many to choose from - thanks Peggie :-), What
about strainers/filters and check valves - I have to install some of them.

--
Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979