Denis M Denis M is offline

Default Research vessel sea trial videos

"Roger Long" wrote in message
"Denis M" wrote

When I look at the stern I saw what appears to be an hydraulic crane. If
so why was that design selected in lieu of a fully articulated hydraulic
crane seen on navies frigates?

It's a hydraulic A-frame which works better for handling the gear deployed
on oceanographic vessels fora lot of reasons I don't have time to go into
now. I put an articulated crane on my first oceanographic vessel years
ago and she now has an A-frame.

--
Roger Long

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The articulated crane is more compact and quick to take action. But the
A-frame is much more powerful and reliable.

Agreed, when installed on a research vessel that can turn on a dime and has
enough stern buoyancy and space its more capable.

Denis M