Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Dragon Lady, Ruff Times and High Times

On 2008-10-02 02:34:26 -0400, Wayne.B said:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 05:18:36 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Mum hasn't seen much of the ICW yet, and that's a magical place.
Florida is boring when directly compared.

We've done almost all of the Atlantic ICW, and while I'd agree that
there are some great places along the way, I would not trade for
Florida.

How much Florida boating have you done ? There are countless miles
here of the greatest and most diverse boating you could imagine.

Hmmm. This could be a bit of factor of what type of cruising each of us likes.

I tend towards wild areas that could be what the original explorers
saw. Pat likes to see the pretty houses along the shore, sometimes
likes to visit the historical structures accessible from some
anchorages, but of late she has easily been overloaded and asks to get
away from the modernity.

The stories I've heard of the ICW in FL don't sound real fun with all
those bridges. Sailing down the shoreline gets boring fast, too.
Biscayne Bay was pretty cool, though.

--
Jere Lull