Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Dragon Lady, Ruff Times and High Times

On 2008-10-01 22:02:21 -0400, Wayne.B said:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 01:45:02 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

'Tis a pretty fair distance from [where they are] to the decision-point
at Cape May even with the westerly or northerly winds I see forecast.

We'll see which course they take from there in a dozen or two hours.

I wouldn't bet a nickel on them going through the Chesapeake after the
big build up we've heard. That's one problem with a too public
announcement of plans.

That's one reason I keep on pointing out alternatives and reasons why not ;-)

They are CRUISERS! Changes of plan are expected from cruisers. Plans
are suggestions, not the rule to cruisers. That things didn't work out
as planned a trivial problem, as they're cruising.

Stuff happens, Momma disagrees with their plans. Don't cross Momma if
you value your life.

So what if Mum (as delightful an individual as you'll meet) meets them
wherever they are rather wherever they planned?

I dare say Mum is more interested in being with them than where she
catches up with them.

Mum hasn't seen much of the ICW yet, and that's a magical place.
Florida is boring when directly compared.

And given FP's current position, the current weather, and the schedule
I recall, FP could comfortably duck into the Chesapeake and sail/motor
to Beaufort NC and south while maintaining their schedule.

I really, really don't want my friends challenging Hatteras during its
most unpredictable season.

--
Jere Lull