Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Research vessel sea trial videos

On 2008-10-01 22:34:30 -0400, "Roger Long" said:

Sea trials of the Maryland research vessel are going well. We saw 24 knots
briefly but she'll probably never go that fast again as there is still one
more large winch to go on. Hard over full speed turns are just right with a
bit of roll in.

Click the new picture on my web site (second one down):

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma

to get to a page of videos and pictures that will be updated frequently.

There is also a video of maximum acceleration at:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Running.wmv

These speeds are in fairly shallow water but that will be typical of her
operating area.

Have to say that the last show a non-event. Boat sped up, nothing
particularly untoward happened.

CONGRATS Roger!

Sweet ride, though I refuse to pay the fuel bills.

--
Jere Lull