Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Dragon Lady, Ruff Times and High Times

On 2008-10-01 21:14:12 -0400, Wayne.B said:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 00:30:29 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Boring as the ICW is, I will not jump out north of Beaufort, NC because
I respect Hattarass's rep too well, have heard too many friends'
personal stories.

I couldn't agree more regarding Hatteras but I believe (perhaps
incorrectly), that Skip has a bridge clearance issue with his mast
height. If your mast is over 64 ft, not uncommon with a 46 footer,
there is no choice but to go outside or unstep the rig.

Flying Pig has already traversed the area, so that's not a problem for them.

Those who have been there will recognize that monster steak Skip
reported on the Virginia Cut. (Coinjock?)

I'm seeing a weather window off the NJ coast and Delmarva Penninsula
that should be sufficient to reach Norfolk, VA. After that it's
anyone's guess.

That is exactly what I've been saying as an admitted Chicken Little.
Hatarass is a crap-shoot at the best of times.

I will admit to trying to "push" them towards the Chesapeake because
I'd love to see the result of their meeting my lovely lady Pat, and
that's likely only in the upper Bay.

As I write, FP's 24th Spot position put them abreast of Monmouth Beach,
a few miles south of their anchorage though (finally) in the Atlantic.

'Tis a pretty fair distance from there to the decision-point at Cape
May even with the westerly or northerly winds I see forecast.

We'll see which course they take from there in a dozen or two hours.

--
Jere Lull