Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Dragon Lady, Ruff Times and High Times

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 00:30:29 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Boring as the ICW is, I will not jump out north of Beaufort, NC because
I respect Hattarass's rep too well, have heard too many friends'
personal stories.

I couldn't agree more regarding Hatteras but I believe (perhaps
incorrectly), that Skip has a bridge clearance issue with his mast
height. If your mast is over 64 ft, not uncommon with a 46 footer,
there is no choice but to go outside or unstep the rig. I'm seeing a
weather window off the NJ coast and Delmarva Penninsula that should be
sufficient to reach Norfolk, VA. After that it's anyone's guess.