Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default 30-35' cruising sailboat w/ drop-able mast

On 2008-10-01 16:43:49 -0400, Chuck Cox said:

Does anyone know of any coastal cruising sailboats in the 30-35 foot
range with masts that can be easily lowered & raised? I've looked at
trailerable boats, particularly the Mac 26, but they are too small and
I don't need trailerability, just the ability to fit under low bridges.
This would be for cruising the US east coast.

No need to drop masts on most of the East Coast.

We *can* drop our mast single-handedly, but have had no need to do so
in the past 20 or so seasons.

Draft and willingness to push that limit by plowing mud have been our
limit throughout.

We've plowed many furrows, never thought that dropping our mast worth
the effort.

--
Jere Lull