Steve Lusardi

Default Pump recommendation

Thanks to both Peggie and Glenn. I will not connect the disposal to the grey
water tank. I will connect it to a separate thru-hull directly and use it
according to local rules. This is possible because the galley has a dual
sink. I would think that is acceptable.
Steve

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
I am installing a central grey water tank for sink and shower drainage in

my
sailboat. The galley sink also has a garbage disposal. The question has

come
up as to what type of discharge pump would best fit this application. I
would prefer to use a centrifical, but I suspect impeller fouling as well

as
the slurry from the garbage disposal could be an issue. I think that I may
be locked into the use of a diaphram pump and I hate the sound. All

opinions
and experiences are welcome.
Steve