Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default NOAA Downloadable Raster (BSB) Charts back

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
claus wrote:

NOAA's Raster Charts (BSB) are (finally) available again - the free
downloads are he

http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/ChartSer...x.jsp?type=BSB

Somebody is home there, but the lights aren't on.

404 error on the raster scan charts.

Remove index.html and use http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/mcd/Raster/
instead.

This will yield an info page where you can click the download RNC link
which will get you this:
http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/m..._agreement.htm

When you accept the terms you will then be treated to this:
http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/ChartSer...x.jsp?type=BSB

Then you will get this - a blank gray page unless you install the Java
Runtime enviroment that is linked he
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html

and on it goes. A typical government runaround....

Wilbur Hubbard

I figured out a workaround. Forget the graphic interface, use the text
interface instead.

http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/m..._agreement.htm

Click the agree button at the bottom and it will take you to the next page
where you will see two buttons on the top.

The page is:
http://ocsdata.ncd.noaa.gov/ChartSer...x.jsp?type=BSB but it
only works by clicking the button on the previous page above.

Anyway click the textual interface button to avoid having to install the
java virtual machine for the graphical interface button. From the textual
page interface you can choose which charts you want.

I hope this helps. Somebody please tell NOAA to hire a real webmaster.

Wilbur Hubbard