Larry Larry is offline

Default 30-35' cruising sailboat w/ drop-able mast

Chuck Cox wrote in
:

Does anyone know of any coastal cruising sailboats in the 30-35 foot
range with masts that can be easily lowered & raised? I've looked at
trailerable boats, particularly the Mac 26, but they are too small and
I don't need trailerability, just the ability to fit under low
bridges. This would be for cruising the US east coast.

Chuck Cox
SynchroSystems - embedded computer design - http://synchro.com

my email is politician-proof, just remove the PORK

There's no bridges in sailboat country offshore. You won't have to take
down a mast to get under anything!

If you're going to go down the ditch, a sailboat sucks! The ditch isn't
that deep any more for a 6' keel draggin' on the bottom. You need a
trawler....lots more room for the length of it, more storage, easier living
for everything without the sailing crap always in the way....