posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default what law? I'm a democrat

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:39:14 -0500, Ken Marino
said:

so the City Council should just decide what the people
want, and not bother with something so messy as a vote by the people.

It's a good idea. The people would not suffer inconvenience and government
would be more effective and streamlined.

Now if they could only get rid of that annoying jury duty.

And the hindrance of filling out income tax forms.

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn't speak up because
I wasn't a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one
left to speak up."