William R. Watt

Default recommendation for boat building books

If he likes plywood boats I'd suggest TF Jones. He puts a lot of theory
into the stories he writes about the small boats he builds and the people
he builds them for. He has been the main source of information and
inspiration for the small boats I've built for myself and the design ideas
I've played with. There is a website at www.jonesboats.com. The Ottawa
public library has copies which are freqently out on loan. One has been
"lost", ie stolen.

I also like Bingham, Chapelle, Hill, Moores, Skene, Herreshoff, and others
mentioned. I've seen them all at the public library.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm