Glenn Ashmore

Default Pump recommendation

I am using a macerator pump on my grey water sump but a garbage disposer
is going to cause a major dibris problem in the sump unless you are very
carefull in its design and the layout of the sink drain line. Disposal
output should not be allowed to stand at all.

Steve Lusardi wrote:
I am installing a central grey water tank for sink and shower drainage in my
sailboat. The galley sink also has a garbage disposal. The question has come
up as to what type of discharge pump would best fit this application. I
would prefer to use a centrifical, but I suspect impeller fouling as well as
the slurry from the garbage disposal could be an issue. I think that I may
be locked into the use of a diaphram pump and I hate the sound. All opinions
and experiences are welcome.
Steve

--
Glenn Ashmore