posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Congress to eliminate mortgage interest tax deduction

wrote in message
On 29 Sep 2008 15:10:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:04:36 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Congress has eliminated other deductions in the past. I suppose if the
other
inequities in the tax system were fixed, the elimination of this
deduction
wouldn't be the end of the world.

But it would be the end of the world otherwise? I don't think so.

Well, I recall when they eliminated credit card interest. Those with
really
high balances that they were carrying weren't very happy. But, mortgages
are
a bit different isn't it... slightly higher amounts, much larger impact
on
every-day people. Or, do you think no adjustment in the other tax issues
is
ok... everything fair? Oh I forgot. You believe in destroying the middle
class before you save it.

So you do believe the world would end if mortgage interest ceased to be
deductible.

So much for the adage that there are no stupid questions!

I'm very embarassed. I actually answered it!

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com