posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] don234@lanode.com is offline

Default single handling crusiers

On 27 Sep, 14:13, jlrogers±³© wrote:
..... Expenses become a factor in the whole context of JL's
life which only he can determine himself.

Economics is a factor, isn't it always? A year ago when I gave my notice,
my retirement budget was 20% greater than it is today. Current economic
conditions have made me a lot more conservative.

You are not alone. I've got several freinds who have seen their
retirement
plans evaporate. For some of them the damage is more like
80% than 20%. It's quite scary.

I've been reading the discussion between Doug and Charles with some
interest. They both have very good points to make.

If you don't have much experience in the various boats
that you are looking at, then I would advise the
"cheap" boat route. As you asked the question in the
first place, I suspect that don't know the boats very well.

Whatever you do, do not kit the boat out for long
distance cruising until you are happy that you are
comfortable living on it.

Regards

Donal