Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default LION laptop batteries

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:05:28 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

When I'm on the boat with our laptops I leave them plugged in, and in
suspended state when not in use. They use minimal power that way and
generate very little heat. The battery stays charged and everything
is ready for immediate use.

Where the power usage isn't a factor, I agree with this. My desktops
for the last decade or two have been on 24/7. At work, my machines
typically have fewer problems that can be blamed on the thermal shock
of being turned on each workday.

In a suspended state a laptop uses almost no power at all, just enough
to keep the memory alive.