Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default How to get rid of boat odor

On 2008-09-28 14:07:39 -0400, said:

Standard boat odor. Not diesel, not bilge rot, etc. Just 25 years of
"stuff". No perfume or ozone answers need apply.

Take *everything* out. Investigate every crevice -- sometimes there's
something dead back there. Clean the interior thoroughly. Don't forget
in and behind the furniture. Check/replace head hoses and fittings.
Wash the cushions and covers. Add day-night vents.

Our interior wood was just oiled. Varnish got rid of a lot of mold &
mildew and really spiffed the interior up. I took what could be removed
home for the winter.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's pages: