Larry Larry is offline

Default Go Lehman GO!

Jere Lull wrote in news:2008092719152975249-
jerelull@maccom:

That portion of the mutual fund would become worthless, but a
broadly-based mutual fund will track what its based upon. I'm tending
towards index funds that "blindly" invest in every company in, for
instance, the Fortune 500. THAT could become worthless only if ALL
those companies went out of business. If that happens, we will have
worse things to worry about.

I don't think that's true. When you hand over CASH to a MONEY CHANGER,
that money changer can simply make that money vanish at the stroke of
the pen just like old Scrooge did for Charlie Dickens. Noone will be at
the empty office with the empty safe to cash out those paper forms sold
to you as an "investment". The government won't be there to bail you
out like the billionaire bankers, either. Even if it's in an FDIC bank
account, money will simply vanish. FDIC has $50B to hand out in the
crash. They'll need $50T, not $50B, so once they hand out the available
cash to the politicians' friends, you'll be simply left out and told
tough luch. NEVER trust anyone else to hold your CASH....That's the
scam.

Of course, we've been shrinking the value of the CASH since 1913 when
the government handed over their responsibilities to the American People
to the banking *******s like Morgan, Chase, Rockefellers, Rothchilds,
etc. They depend on your cash asset SHRINKING if you refuse to let them
"invest" it for you, sucking off your wealth for themselves. What
happened in the last few weeks is UNCONTROLLABLE REVALUATION....The ever
increasing price of gold DROPPED, the money in your fruit jars GREW in
value by nearly 25%! Prices even on oil started to DROP as the
REVALUATION they couldn't seem to stop continued. STOCK prices dropped
because the market MUST maintain par value during inflation and
deflation. This HAD to become a crises because the dollars they were
loaning out at 5% interest INCREASED in value MORE than the interest you
were paying on it! Bankers were aghast! This hadn't happend on this
scale for decades! Eisenhower was president! Bread at A&P sold for
24c/16 oz loaf!

So, we dreamed up this bailout scam to protect those that caused
it.....screwing those who would benefit most from gross deflation...the
American taxpayers. Don't forget deflation HURTS GOVERNMENT
BUREAUCRATS, TOO! If the dollar gets more valuable, prices all drop, 8%
sales tax drops with it, wages must fall causing TAX REVENUES TO FALL
dropping the tax burden on GDP that's killing us. Why....how awful! We
may have to cancel some pork or....(gasp).....NASA!

Well, I'm waiting for the crash. I might even buy one of those new
$1695 Volkswagen Beetles, again. That's what I paid for the last one in
the 60's.....(c;