Larry Larry is offline

Default Go Lehman GO!

Jere Lull wrote in news:2008092716442316807-
jerelull@maccom:

Should the entire economy tank and we go into a depression, my
investments and house will have the same value relative to the price

of
bread, about the only true measure.

I'm currently deciding where to invest my severance. It won't be under
the mattress.

Actually, those that had cash in 1929 did quite well for themselves,
according to my grandparents who were dairy farmers. Apples sold for 5c
at retail. If you had a dollar's worth, you couldn't carry it alone.

Those that had money stored with the bankers, of course, were the
starving one with those that had nothing all along. For that reason,
drilled into me by my grandparents, I've never kept much of the pittance
I possess in the banker's purse, where it can get lost in a heartbeat,
vanishing into thin air.

Until I got married, for 17 years, I had no debt to the bankers, which
is the root of all evil anywhere. Until you owe, you're not a slave.
Once the wife found something she liked better, I shed the debt she left
ASAP and have dealt in cash ever since. I also refuse to play the
insurance scams as much as possible, saving me thousands of dollars each
year. Not being in debt for a car, for instance, I do not buy
comprehensive and collision insurance. Take that part of car insurance
and multiply it times 32 years and see how much money wasted that is.
If the windscreen breaks, I simply have it replaced out of the pot of
money I DIDN'T give to the billionaire insurance scammers.

When I was married, she forced me to buy Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical
insurance on the 3 of us at $385/month. The only time I've ever been a
science project was for laser lithotripsy up the plumbing to burn out a
stuck kidney stone. When I was about to be released BC/BS of SC called
me to say they wouldn't pay 80% of my medical bills unless I removed my
wife from the policy because they got nervous over her thyroid
condition, which had no effect on her and resulted in zero claims so
they could keep it all, the reason they give you a policy in the first
place. I refused and they threatened to cancel my policy. "What
happens to all those thousands of dollars I've paid you all these years
you had no intention of covering my family", I asked quite pointedly.
They told me they would return my premiums...without interest, of
course, having effectively borrowed money from me for nearly 14 years at
no interest. "Send me a check by tomorrow.", was my reply. He did,
after my lawyer contacted him, of course. I paid my exhorbitant little
room bill, the doctor scammers and various "other charges" they refused
to reveal a reason for. The rest of the money I simply put into the
Federal Credit Union in a separate savings account that paid about 6%
interest at that time in the 1980's. I paid into that account the same
exact amount, to the penny, every month even if it hurt, to prove a
point to my slave wife. Soon, the credit union called to remind me we
had reached the $100,000 limit the FCUA would insure and did I want to
open another account to keep it covered. I did, they did. We continued
for years to pay into the accounts and filled that, too. Each year, we
paid ourselves a "Medical Dividend" with the overage interest on them
and just blew the money on whatever hit our fancy. $200K can buy as
much medicine as I care to pay for. Any more you might as well be dead,
anyways. Without insurance, you'd be amazed at how FAST medicine can
get you in...fixed...and out because there is no insurance tit to suck
from, extending your stay nearly indefinately if they can arrange it.
We split the accounts when we divorced. She squandered hers. Mine went
into a mutual fund which got very interesting before the tech bubble
burst. They just kept replacing my shares in EMC with twice as many new
shares a lot of times! I got out at the top of the bubble and put the
money back in the credit union at the pittance interest they were paying
just to store it and let it replace the taxes stolen from me at the
point of a gun by the goon squads at the IRS. I don't do medical
insurance or HMO scams, either. To enter a hospital of MY CHOICE, I use
one of my VISA cards. If I don't survive or become a vegetable, the
greedy bankers will recover their money in a chargeback because I will
be unable to pay those bills.....ensuring I get WELL, not addicted.
Doctors have never refused VISA, but I haven't tested it since the 80's.

What a crash will mean to me is everything I'm forced to purchase will
become dirt cheap, literally overnight, as supply will simply overrun
the nearly zero demand. They'll be begging me to buy a new everything
for a pittance....instead of my having to kiss someone's ass for
everything I buy, now. I don't buy much. Sitting here shoulder deep in
my "stuff", my collection of toys I accumulate by hook and crook used,
I'm quite happy, now. If I want something else, I simply buy it. If I
cannot afford it, I open a new envelope in the cookie jar and start
working hard to fill the envelope until I can pay CASH.

CASH IS YOUR FRIEND! EUROS, NOT DOLLARS! I forgot to mention that. I
apologize. When it took $1.10 to buy a Euro, many years ago, I decided
to turn my cash into Euros because I think united Europe is more stable
than the New World Order bankers, here. I was right! $1 is only worth
Euros 0.68 this week. Stupid Americans are still craving useless
Federal Reserve Private Corporation banknotes in some blind stupidity
they are backed by Uncle Sam. They're not. Euros are higher, so far,
and it's getting WORSE! Euro cash makes more "interest" than American
dollars at 4% interest.....and my rich Uncle DOESN'T have his hands out
for taxes on interest with Euros. I don't get interest...It's not my
fault they're worth more, it's HIS!

I also suspect, after the crash, Euros will be more valuable in a
foreign country than US dollars if I'm forced to flee.