Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Go Lehman GO!

In article 2008092716442316807-jerelull@maccom, says...
On 2008-09-27 11:10:04 -0400, Larry said:

It's all a sham, just like 9/11. Trillions have simply vanished into
thin air. But you know that's not true. Trillions have simply CHANGED
HANDS

Trillions never existed, were only numbers on a spreadsheet created out
of pretty much thin air.

The market goes up, the market goes down. The value of my portfolios go
up, they go down. I gain/lose nothing until I sell.

(Snip)

That strategy works well enough most of the time. But these are not normal
times. A significant chunk of our IRA is in Washingon Mutual stock. This
particular part of the market is not coming back. And I am still waiting
for my Enron to recover. It's rather depressing around this house today and
the weather isn't helping.

Yesterday worth that? And today worth only this?

Portfolios must be diversified. Betting on individual companies is only
for those who do it full-time, and some of the brokers I've worked with
on the Street hand their portfolios to others to manage.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's pages: