Peggie Hall

Default Getting hosed

Cindy Ballreich wrote:
I've also tried dish soap, olive oil, mineral oil, and west marine hose
oil.

West Marine actually markets an oil labelled just for hose connections???

I hope it's water soluble, 'cuz no oil or grease should ever be used on
a hose connections 'cuz it leaves the surfaces permanently
slippery...the hose can work its back off, even if securely clamped. No
petroleum based products should be used 'cuz they're destructive to
rubber. Dishwashing liquid or better yet, K-Y jelly (water soluble
surgical jelly), are the only acceptable hose lubricants I know of.

--
Peggie