Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 1975 boat with a merc cruiser inboard

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:39:50 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:34:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have read some of the reviews about this in the past.

I just bought this searay boat. It runs fine and idles fine . when i
push the throthle forward when it is in gear the motor quits. When i
look at the carb the choke is fully open. If I hold the choke half
closed and have somebody else hits the throttle it is fine. I can
than let the choke go.

any thoughts

Sounds like a bad accelerator pump.
But that should cause it to balk in neutral too.

I should add that you can verify the accelerator pump is working by
looking into the carb and goosing the accelerator with the engine off.
If you see gas squirting down the carb throat the pump is ok.

--Vic