Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 1975 boat with a merc cruiser inboard

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:34:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have read some of the reviews about this in the past.

I just bought this searay boat. It runs fine and idles fine . when i
push the throthle forward when it is in gear the motor quits. When i
look at the carb the choke is fully open. If I hold the choke half
closed and have somebody else hits the throttle it is fine. I can
than let the choke go.

any thoughts

Sounds like a bad accelerator pump.
But that should cause it to balk in neutral too.

--Vic