Parallax

Default Stevenson Projects Micro-Cup

(Parallax) wrote in message . com...
"Brian Combs" wrote in message ...
By the way, you are making good progress. Keep it up.

Brian

Brian, Thanks.

I know very little about woodworking, all my past fabrication
experience has been with metal instrumentation with tiny watchlike
parts with very close tolerances so working with wood is a new
experience. I find that the parts do not fit as well as I like. Will
the joints be smoothed at the end and filled? There are gaps where
edges do not exactly meet etc. This seems unavoidable because it is
almost impossible to get measurements better than 1/16 in wood and
probably no better than 1/8" (ok, make it 1/4" for me). So far, I am
pleased but maybe I just have low expectations for my own woodworking.

I expected to get some work done today but was sidetracked by Easter
and family.

David

Got the stringers glued and screwed to the bulkheads today and to the
cockpit sides (mostly) before running out of screws. I am a little
worried because the curvature of the bulkheads seems more than the
curvature of the hull botom but I imagine strap clamps will cause the
hull bottom to bend some.
I feel as if I have bathing in this glue.

OK, I did screw up. Just admiring my work when I noticed that I made
three left cockpit bulkheads and only one right one. Not too much of
a problem as I do have he material to make the correct one.