Evan Gatehouse

Default zero clearance cutting tools?

I did the first frames yesterday. Only required about 18" cutting each
side. It was an education in how tough a simple polyester laminate can be.
I cut the top and bottom of the frame and used a Dremel tool (with a right
angle attachment) to cut the tabbing on one side. Didn't cut into the
plywood because the cutting disc is too small.

I hit the piece of wood framing with a 2 lb hammer. Bounced off. Hit it
repeatedly and it bounced off. I then cut the tabbing on the other side and
had to literally pry the ply frame off in chunks with a prying tool and a
chisel.

I had a strip of raised tabbing each side of a putty fillet that I ground
down with an angle grinder and 24 grit disc. It was an o.k. job until the
angle grinder got going and threw dust everywhere as usual. I hate angle
grinders for this reason.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)