JR North JR North is offline

Default prop help

14.5X15"-17" pitch.
BTW: Use your spell checker. In a roundabout way, it will teach you to
spell better-and you do want that, don't you?
JR

kirschdog68 wrote:
When I purchased my boat (1992 sunbird Corsair 185) it has 4.3 OMC
Cobra I/O. I use it mostlyfor skiing and tubing and I am not very
impressed with the power it has and it has a very hard time plaining
it self out. I talked to a local boating shop and he was inquiring as
to what prop I had on it. I checked the prop and it was a 21 pitch and
I think a 14.5 diamiter. At full speed it runs around 3800 to 3900
RPMS. The man at the boat shop said that I should have on a 17 pitch
prop. I am not realy concerned with top speed however I do not want to
go realy slow either, I am pritty much concerned with power for skiing
and such. I think I have pritty much decided on a 15 pitch prop
(unless someone else has any sugestions) and my real question is, when
I go online and look at props for this boat it find three blade and
four blade, aluminum and stainless steel, 14 inch and 15 inch and lots
of other sizes. I would like to keep the cost to a minumim however if
I will get alot more performance out of spending a little more money
then I would rather do that. basicly if some one could help me out
with what pitch prop and what size, number of blades and aluminum or
stainless, it would be a big help. Thank you in advance