Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Sound Advice

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:27:08 -0400, Marty wrote:

Richard Casady wrote:
They call that getting 'neaped' and big ships have done it.

Neaped? That's new to me, thanks Richard.

Now how the hell am I going to work that into a conversation?

Be bold.
Very easy when approaching a potential new lady friend.
It would go something like this.
"Hello. Those are lovely shoes. Did you make them yourself?"
Wait for her response, and if she hasn't walked away, innocently ask,
"By the by, have you ever been neaped?"
You have now moved the conversation into the nautical.
This all must be done with panache, of course.
There are other methods.
For example, if during a conversation somebody should utter the word
peep, leap, seep, deep, weep, etc, pounce at once with,
"My God, you have called to mind the term neap. That is so
interesting! Has anyone here been neaped, by chance?"
So it's really a simple trick if you are bold, creative, and turn on
the panache.

--Vic