BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default Latest email scam...

wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:35:08 -0400, A Real Boater wrote:

I wonder if Americans will learn a lesson from this debacle, that
"capitalism" cannot work in the absence of strong regulation and a
government willing to force capitalists to obey the rules. All the "free
market" does is provide short-term profit to the greedy.

We learned after the Great Depression. It took us fifty years to forget
(remember Reagonomics?). We learn, the problem is capitalists don't.

Capitalism built this country. The fact that you forget that every
waking minute of every day of your life is really astonishing.