Robert M. Gary Robert M. Gary is offline

Default Recommendation for oil change pump

On Sep 24, 9:47*am, jim wrote:

Also requires that you snake the hose through the drain plug opening.
Might be tough on some boats.- Hide quoted text -

On my friend's the fish hook on the end of the bilge plug attaches to
the end of the oil change hose. So if you just pull on the plug (after
unscrewing it) eventually the oil drain tube will follow. I just
called the dealer to ask about this. They said the down side is that
its very, very hard to install (access to the oil drain plug is
difficult with such a large engine) and I might need to put a larger
bilge drain on to accommodate the diameter of the oil drain tube. I'm
not sure if that involves drilling or just replacing the plug and
bezel.

-Robert