bookieb

Default Stevenson Projects Micro-Cup

(Andrew Butchart) wrote in message . com...

snip
I use a circular saw with a plywood cutting blade and have few
problems. Set the blade so that it just barely cuts through the wood
and you shouldn't have any problems.

Ditto, no problems with 28 tooth 7" blade, but it may depend on the
ply you have.

snip
FYI - I would suggest waiting to cut out the decks until you have the
rest of the hull assembled, a few people (including me) have had
problems with the pieces fitting at that point. Also, there is an
extra measurement you want to do on your fore and aft bulkheads to
make sure they match the side bulkheads at the correct location. A
few people (including me) have had problems with that.

Aghhh! Me to. About 2' back from bow, the boat as I built it, is
about 1" wider each side than the forward deck panel. I might be able
to pull it in with a ratcheting strap, but I don't want to force in
that level of stress. Pulling in the sides may also cause the the
seams at the bottom chine to open a little.
I'll probably end up buying another sheet of ply, fitting it cut well
oversize, and triming down last of all. Lesson learned (hopefully).

I was flying along, but a new addition to the family put a halt to the
gallop for a while. Hope to get moving again soon, and be finished in
time for the summer.

Andrew has more practical knowledge than me (having finished his), but
any questions, let me know.

Best of luck,

Bookieb.