posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default 35s5 Heart of Gold

Ut'oh, now we are going to be subjected to an argument on the theory of
audio power measurement, something even most engineers can't get right.
Suffice it to say, please, that most car sound systems are loud enough to
rock and roll the dead in any cemetery within 3 miles of the road, and are
annoying as hell to all but the crack smoking cretins roaring by in their
tricked out and tuned, over-priced sheet metal, motorized pieces of ****.

Fine. But also remember that frequency response and proper balance are
another matter. In fact, while I've heard some car based systems with
good frequency response, all were incapable of creating any kind of
audio image effect. The Kia Sedona, with it's 7.1 surround system
complete with center channel was probably the best, but lacked low end
power. The Evo X Rockford Fosgate is NOT the best car system I've
heard, but it is the best STOCK stereo I've heard. It uses the RF
Premium Punch speakers and matched amp. The Navigation system is made
by Mitsubishi and serves as the head unit as well. It's far more
customizable than anything else on the market. It even plays DVDs on
it's screen. It's also well ahead of virtually all others since it's
hard drive based and will also rip CDs to it's own music server.

RB