Larry Larry is offline

Default wifi

"David Marchand" wrote in
:

I would have thought that with an 8 dB gain antenna and a more
sensitive receiver, the Radio Lab system should have heard my puny
home wifi router better. It didn't.

I suspect one reason is that my laptop has a pretty good antenna built
in to the flip up screen and so the Radio Lab 8 dB antenna didn't
improve much on it. But the Radio Lab's receiver sensitivity must be
no better than the built in laptop's receiver and that is surprising.

David

Naw...The 8db antenna might have made a little difference in the receiver
pattern, but the noise floor didn't change, which is what got the tiny
transmitter the sellphone and telephone companies were responsible for it
having in the first place.

Consumer wifi is only supposed to go to the edge of the room....to keep you
from letting your neighbor use it without paying the communications
companies.