Evan Gatehouse

Default zero clearance cutting tools?

Thanks to all for the brilliant suggestions. We do have a Milwaulkee detail
sander that does a very good job as a detail sander. The cost of the Fein
was hard to swallow at the time I bought it (it was a Christmas gift FOR my
wife). So buying a Fein for what is likely to be a one time job seems tough
to bear. I can always get one if the other suggestions don't work.

I liked the "jigsaw without baseplate" and the use of wood chisels to remove
the tabbing and I'll try them.

I also bought lots of plastic sheeting and a shop vac in anticipation of
this being ugly.

For a cautionary tale - on my last boat I had one or two spots where the
tabbing was loose. Being a bit over-cautious I ground off ALL the old
tabbbing and re-glassed bulkheads and furniture wherever I could find them.
Made me confident with the boat's structure. But I don't really, well,
really _enjoy_ grinding glass as much any more... Working in tiny lockers
was the worst.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)