Bill Cole

Default The problem with these off-topic, political threads...

Chuck,
Whomever said they come here to "start trouble" is just being honest. The
majority of the regulars come here to argue their favorite cause and try to
make their opponents looks foolish, ignorant of just to get his goat.

The regulars who come here to discuss boating are few and far in-between,
they have been chased away ages ago.

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Rec.boats isn't purely a spectator sport.

There is a disturbing lack of civility in many of the discussions, both OT

and
ON.
That's a greater problem than the fact that the conversation drifts off

topic.

We have at least one poster who takes pride in the fact that he only comes

here
cause trouble, and then immediately blames that on individuals holding

opposite
philosophical viewpoints.

It is a bit puzzling how, so often, the people who post the loudest

protests
about the signal to noise ratio and the lack of significant boating

content in
the NG never contribute any boating content *to* the group.

The content of the group is configured by what we all put in- what we take

out
or choose to filter has no effect on the overall character of the group.

Aren't enough boating discussions? Start one.