Steve

Default zero clearance cutting tools?

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
fiberglass tabbing? The only other one I can think of is a reciprocating
saw ("Sawz-All") but they are a bit hard to control and still get a nice
close to the hull.

I've used a reciprocating saw to cut both fiberglass or steel in similar
situations.

The good quality long blade will flex enough to allow you the clearance you
need for the saw against the hull. It is however, hard on the saw since it
causes a side thrust that it is not built for. The cheap saws have only alum
or plastic guides that wear quickly.

Blades will also dull quickly, what ever method, because of the glass
fiber...I a long cut in 1/8-3/16" material I have seen the teeth wear
completely off in a foot or so. Not a cheap project when blades cost $2
each.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve