MMC

Default zero clearance cutting tools?

Evan,
I had to reposition a couple bulkheads on my 32' Traveler becasue of the
previous owners bad (IMO) layout.
I went thru a short learning curve on how much glass dust I could spread
around the entire interior before I stopped grinding the tabbing.
Then I took the base plate off my jig saw and was able to get pretty close
by using a thin blade and making it bend to run parallel to the hull, slow
and broke a few blades.
I ended up using a sharpened up old wood chisel to cut the tabbing and get
the bulkhead out, and get some of the tabbing off the inside of the hull,
minimizing grinding of the remainder.
MMC
"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
I am going to trim some plywood frames that intersect the hull right at

the
shoulder position of a few quarterberths. These are either 1/4" or 3/8"
plywood frames, tabbed both sides to the hull. By the way, I'm a naval
architect and mech. engineer so I have a pretty good idea of what I can

and
cannot cut

I can cut down into the glass with a jigsaw, but the baseplate of the

jigsaw
will bump the hull before I get close enough - and I would like to run the
cut line right down the hull for about 12".

So the tools I have available a

- angle grinder with cut-off wheel
- dremel tool with fiberglass cutting discs
- jigsaw

Any other tools that might work for a tight cut against the hull through
fiberglass tabbing? The only other one I can think of is a reciprocating
saw ("Sawz-All") but they are a bit hard to control and still get a nice
close to the hull.

I recognize I'll have to do some grinding / sanding of the last of the
tabbing but would like to minimize the amount of this.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)