Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Sold my Boat .. some thoughts

"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote in message
After three season of single handed sailing, I was approached by a young
guy as my boat
was taken out for winter storage. He loved her, and he bought her.

Owning a good size cruising sailboat is lots of work. I started working,
repairing,
adding, maintaining, my boat in April .. she went in the water in June.
And I worked on
her each and every day.

snip

My primary thought is that you set your own trap. Your trap was working on
the boat every day. Duh!

Hey, everybody, if you are a fixer-upper kind of guy then admit it and just
enjoy the fixing up. If, on the other hand, you are a sailing kind of guy
then buy a boat that doesn't need but minimal fixing up and then sail her.
Save the fixing up for those "rainy days" when you don't want to can't sail
her.

It's really pretty simple. It's a matter of knowing who you are. . .

Wilbur Hubbard