Thomas, Spring Point Light Thomas, Spring Point Light is offline

Default Sold my Boat .. some thoughts

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 02:40:41 GMT, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"
said:

The harbor masters are corrupt

What do you mean by that? And what facts support your conclusion?

In NH, the harbor is controled by the port authority. Moorings are very
hard
to come by. If a boater actually gets permission to have a mooring, the
cost
or permit is hundreds of dollars per year. There are a number of harbor
masters.
Each has a small area of responsibility. I'm not familiar with all of them,
but one
I have dealt with does absolutely nothing. He works for the port, and that
is about
it.

The word is, politics plays an important role in who gets a mooring. There
are some who
own moorings that others use.

What I mean by corruption is the overall system, the permit money, etc.
Where does it go?
According to the web page of the port authority ..

"The DPH assists in the establishment of accommodations for the boat
traveler, the area boat owner, the pleasure fishermen and others who pass up
and down the New Hampshire coastline or in its tributaries, particularly the
Piscataqua River and Portsmouth Harbor."

The fact is, the port authority does absolutely nothing for recreational
boating. There is not one public munipal or state dock
in NH that is open to recreational sailboats.. period.

So,, the question begs an answer... where is all the money going? It isn't
going for municipal docks, or
even a pump out station. Nothing..