Thomas, Spring Point Light Thomas, Spring Point Light is offline

Default Sold my Boat .. some thoughts

"Roger Long" wrote in message
"Thomas, Spring Point Light" wrote

The harbor masters are corrupt, the whole system is corrupt.

The one in my town isn't

I guess I will move on to some other activity. Don't know what yet.

Sorry to hear that. You really sounded like you were beginning to get it
and have fun that day I went by your mooring and talked to you after your
sail down from Boothbay. I bet you'll start dreaming about it about the
time the leaves fall. You ought to go look at that Contessa.

--
Roger Long

======

Roger, it is not that I don't love sailing/cruising.. I have owned four
cruising boats ..

It just gets me when I see how corrupt the harbor masters are in NH. I
asked the
city manager of Portsmouth, NH why Portsmouth, a city which revels in its
maritime
history, has no municipal dock. He told me to call the state harbor folks,
who told me
to call the city folks. Well,, where did all the money go? Then I see an
article in the
paper, the fire department in Portsmouth has a brand new fire boat. For
what?

It is news stories like these that soured me on boat ownership.